Dr. Joanna Schreiber
Ph.D., Rhetoric and Technical Communication, Michigan Technological University, 2013
M.S., Rhetoric and Technical Communication, Michigan Technological University, 2007
B.S., English for Information Systems (Business Specialization), Dakota State University, 2005
- Meloncon, Lisa & Schreiber, Joanna. (in press). Advocating for sustainability: A report on and critique of the undergraduate capstone course. Technical Communication Quarterly.
- Schreiber, Joanna & Meloncon, Lisa. (in press). Creating a continuous improvement model for sustaining programs in technical and professional communication. Journal of Technical Writing and Communication.
- Lauren, Ben & Schreiber, Joanna. (2018). An integrative literature review of project management in technical communication, Technical Communication, 65(1), 85-106.
- Schreiber, Joanna, Carrion, Melissa, & Lauer, Jessica. (2018). Revisiting the service course to map out the future of the field. Programmatic Perspectives, 10(1), 1-11.
- Schreiber, Joanna. (2017). Toward a critical alignment with efficiency philosophies. Technical Communication, 64(1), 27-37.
WRIT 3220 Introduction to Professional and Technical Writing
WRIT 3230 Writing in the Workplace
WRIT 3232 Information Design
WRIT 3233 Professional and Technical Editing
WRIT 3234 Research Methods for Writers
WRIT 5250 Advanced Technical Writing
WRIT 5540 Advanced Technical Editing
I study the role of writing and communication in both established and emerging efficiency management philosophies, such as Agile and Lean Six Sigma, as well as related ethical concerns. Recently, I co-edited a special issue for Technical Communication titled “Emerging Forms of Project Management in Technical and Professional Communication,” which was published in May 2018. Another co-edited special issue, “Revisiting the Technical and Professional Communication Service Course: Histories, Pedagogies, Values, and Trajectories,” was published as the Spring 2018 issue of Programmatic Perspectives.
Currently, I am working on a book project tentatively titled Foundational Knowledge and Innovative Practices in Technical and Professional Communication with Dr. Lisa Meloncon of the University of South Florida.
Last updated: 8/10/2018