Dr. Anthony Carlton Cooke
Limited-Term Assistant Professor
Ph.D., English, Emory University, 2015
Certificate in Psychoanalytic Studies, Emory University, 2015
B.A., English, Stony Brook University, 2009
- Cooke, Anthony Carlton. Moral Panics, Mental Illness Stigma, and the Deinstitutionalization Movement in American Popular Culture. Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- Cooke, Anthony Carlton. “Deinstitutionalization of the Mentally Ill, Shame, and the Rise of the ‘Slasher’ Trope in Halloween.” American Shame: Stigma and the Body Politic. Indiana University Press, 2016.
- Cooke, Anthony Carlton. “Headache.” Arkansas Review: A Journal of Delta Studies, 2014.
- Cooke, Anthony Carlton. “Strange Death and Tragic Afterlife,” “Anti-Heroic Couplet, Written By Himself,” and “Ballad of the Poet-Intellectual.” African American Review, 2011.
- Cooke, Anthony Carlton. “Community, Media, and Black Intellectual Paranoia-as-Politics.” Journal of Black Studies, 2011.
ENGL1101 Composition I: True Crime
ENGL1102 Composition II: Forensic Tales
I am currently working on a Southern Gothic graphic novel.
Last updated: 8/10/2018