M.F.A, Creative Writing, Minnesota State University, 2007
B.S., Communication Studies, State University of New York at Fredonia, 2003
- Olson, Christina. The Anxiety Workbook. Forthcoming from University of Pittsburgh Press, 2023.
- Olson, Christina. “Lessons from the West African Lungfish.” Scientific American, July 2021.
- Olson, Christina. The Last Mastodon. Rattle, 2019.
- Olson, Christina. “How the Chili Dog Transcended America’s Divisions.” The Atlantic, March 2, 2017.
- Olson, Christina. Terminal Human Velocity Stillhouse Press, 2017.
- Olson, Christina. Weird Science. Paper Nautilus Press, 2016.
- Olson, Christina. Rook & The M.E. Red Bird Chapbooks, 2015.
- Olson, Christina. Before I Came Home Naked. Spire Press, 2010.
- WRIT2130 Technical Communication
- WRIT3130 Creative Writing
- WRIT4130 Creative Nonfiction Writing
- WRIT4430 Poetry Writing
- WRIT5430 Advanced Poetry Writing
- WRIT5531 Advanced Creative Nonfiction Writing
- WRIT5030 Special Topics: Advanced Poetry + Advanced Creative Nonfiction Writing
- HONS4610 W&L Honors Seminar
I am at work on a nonfiction book, Coney, about the coney-style hot dog, and recently completed a third full-length collection of poetry, The Anxiety Workbook.
In summer 2017, I collaborated with paleontologists from across North America (including my Georgia Southern colleague Dr. Katy Smith in the College of Science and Mathematics) at the Western Science Center in Hemet, California. The resulting exhibition, Valley of the Mastodons, served as inspiration for a manuscript of poems, which won the 2019 Rattle Chapbook prize and was published in 2019.
Last updated: 8/24/2021