Submit to the AWP Intro Journals Project!
Offered by the Association of Writers and Writing Programs, the AWP Intro Journals Project is a literary competition for the discovery and publication of the best new works by students currently enrolled in AWP member programs. The annual competition is open to any student who is majoring in Writing and Linguistics. In 2017, Georgia Southern student and Writing and Linguistics major Tessa Knight won.
- Students may submit one work of nonfiction, one work of short fiction, or three poems (single-spaced, no more than one poem per page).
- Prose manuscripts may not exceed twenty-five double-spaced pages.
- Excerpts from novels are acceptable but must not exceed twenty-five double-spaced pages.
- A student who has won in any given year is not eligible to enter the contest for the next two years.
- Nominations must be submitted via email to email@example.com by November 12, 2021.
There will be a round of selection with outside judges at the university level before selected submissions are entered into the national competition. Winners at the university level will be contacted by December 1, 2021. Winners at the national level will be contacted in the spring of 2022. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.