Recent student & alumni news
The Department of Writing & Linguistics is pleased to announce recent student and alumni news and publications:
- Current Writing & Linguistics majors Aleyna Rentz and Barbara Jayne McGaughey contributed to the article The Evolving Identity of an Undergraduate Major in Writing and Linguistics, published in Composition Studies 43.2.
- Current Writing & Linguistics major Aleyna Rentz also has the short story “A Mean Heart” in the current issue of Deep South magazine.
- Current Writing & Linguistics major Brice Knight has had a story accepted for publication in Stymie.
- Alumna Maureen O’Leary’s short story “I’m Not Going Far” appears in the current issue of Gravel magazine.
- Alumna Amanda Malone’s short story “He’s All Humanity” was nominated for a Pushcart Prize by Cheap Pop magazine. Read more about Amanda’s experience as a Writing & Linguistics minor!
- Alumna Cassie Beasley’s debut novel, Circus Mirandus, was chosen by Amazon editors as their best book of 2015 for ages 9-12 and made the New York Times best sellers list. Read more about Cassie’s experience as a Writing & Linguistics major!
The Department of Writing and Linguistics is housed in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences is the largest of the eight colleges that make up Georgia Southern University, and it plays a central role in every student’s core of knowledge. CLASS, also described as the University’s College of the Creative Mind, prepares students to achieve academic excellence, develop their analytical skills, enhance their creativity, and embrace their responsibilities as citizens of their communities, their nations, and the world.