Woody Powell Scholarship
The Woody Powell Scholarship fund was established in memory of Dr. Woodrow W. Powell, an outstanding Georgia Southern University faculty member and community leader, to provide a program of financial assistance to worthy and qualified students attending Georgia Southern University and majoring in English Literature.
- Applicants must be rising junior or senior English majors, defined as majors who will have successfully completed at least 60 credit hours by the beginning of the fall semester of the next academic year.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA.
- The recipient must maintain full-time student status.
- The scholarship must be used in the next academic year after a winner is selected. It may be paid in one semester or spread over two semesters.
- The criteria for selecting the recipients will include the applicants’ demonstrated academic excellence, personal character, and relevant extra-curricular activities.
To apply for scholarships, please log in to MyGeorgiaSouthern. From there you will find the MyScholarships (Scholarships Application Portal) choice in the services section of the page. Simply click on MyScholarships and you will be taken to the online portal. Fill out the initial “General Application” completely. You will then be taken to a “Conditional Application” based on your status as a student. Please answer all questions in order to be considered for any scholarships that you qualify for. Refer to Frequently Asked Questions for more detailed instructions.
Application Deadline: February 15
Last updated: 10/9/2017