Graduate Assistantships Available
Music Technology Graduate Assistant / Teaching Assistant
2 positions available
2021-2022 Academic Year
Call for Applications
Priority Deadline: March 1, 2021
The music technology Graduate Assistant will pursue a Master of Music in the Music Technology program at Georgia Southern University. The Graduate Assistant plays a key role in the everyday functioning of the program and department. In the first year, the G.A. assists in the classroom, manages the studios or supervises a team of undergraduates who record departmental concerts. In the second year, the G.A. position typically becomes a Graduate Teaching Assistant position. The Graduate Teaching Assistant teaches select undergraduate music technology courses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the management of the department recording studio, music technology classroom, and other facilities. (Position #1)
- Supervise an undergraduate recording team. (Position #2)
- Provide support in the music library
- In the second year the student is generally assigned to teach select music technology courses.
- Proficient with Digital Audio Workstations and music notation software.
- Strong interest in musical signal processing and studio techniques.
- Experience in studio maintenance is desirable.
- Experience in Supercollider, Cycling 74’s Max, openFrameworks, JUCE, or other creative programming applications is desirable.
Education and Qualifications:
See Admission Requirements and Instructions can be found at:
The Graduate Assistantship provides a tuition waiver and a stipend.
For additional information contact Dr. John Thompson.
Last updated: 1/3/2021