Bachelor of Arts in Music with a Concentration in Music Industry
Music Industry Open House
Monday, April 12 at 7 p.m.
Meet the music industry faculty and learn more about this exciting new program at Georgia Southern University
At Georgia Southern University, we’ve been training generations of musicians for decades, and we’ve seen how the industry has changed. Our new degree program will help you become a better musician, and it will also help you navigate the music industry. You’ll get the best academics and music training within a fully accredited degree, and you’ll also get roll-up-your-sleeves experience with the latest technology and industry practices
About the Program
While studying the Music Industry, you’ll be involved in a dynamic program that aims to prepare musicians for evolving careers in music. Our program curriculum combines a traditional degree with 21st century technology and performance opportunities.
Along with courses such as music theory, you will also take industry-specific music courses such as studio production techniques and music entrepreneurship while playing in diverse, student-driven music ensembles.
Music Industry coursework includes:
- Music management
- Live sound
- Recording studio techniques
- Digital audio workstations
- Music entrepreneurship
Program features include:
- Collaboration with local music industry partners in Savannah, Georgia
- Hands-on experience with technology including recording studio applications, live sound reinforcement, and music industry computer software
- World-class faculty with professional experience in commercial music, classical music, recording and more
- Playing the music you love with student-driven ensembles in front of concert audiences
Become a Music Major
Please visit the audition page for more information about entrance requirements.
For more information contact:
Dr. Stephen Primatic
Last updated: 4/6/2021