Bachelor of Arts in Music with a Concentration in Music Industry
Location: Armstrong Campus
Ready to Find Your Sound
You’re a musician. You love to create new sounds. You want to devote your career to music. But in the ever-changing world of the music industry, it’s hard to know where to begin.
At Georgia Southern University, our mission is to make sure you’re ready. Ready to be a better musician. Ready to innovate in the studio. Ready to make music your career
About the Program
While studying the Music Industry, you’ll be involved in a dynamic program that aims to prepare musicians for evolving careers in music. Our program curriculum combines a traditional degree with 21st century technology and performance opportunities.
Along with courses such as music theory, you will also take industry-specific music courses such as studio production techniques and music entrepreneurship while playing in diverse, student-driven music ensembles.
Program features include:
- Collaboration with local music industry partners in Savannah, Georgia
- Hands-on experience with technology including recording studio applications, live sound reinforcement, and music industry computer software
- World-class faculty with professional experience in commercial music, classical music, recording and more
- Playing the music you love with student-driven ensembles in front of concert audiences
Music Industry coursework includes:
- Music management
- Live sound
- Recording studio techniques
- Digital audio workstations
- Music entrepreneurship
Please visit the audition page for more information about entrance requirements.
Do You Have Questions? Contact Us!
Last updated: 5/20/2021