Undergraduate music degrees at Georgia Southern University prepare students to pursue professional work as teachers, performers, and composers, or to enter graduate-level programs in music. All degrees build on fundamental competencies in music theory and analysis, sight-singing, keyboard facility, technological tools, and music history and literature.
Specific Bachelor of Music degrees provide students with specialized training leading to advanced competency in the areas of composition, music education, or performance. Throughout the program, students broaden their experience and integrate their skills and knowledge by participating as performers and listeners in the Department’s rich and varied concert life and through interaction with accomplished teacher/mentors.
Acceptance into any undergraduate degree program requires the completion of an Entrance Audition. Audition requirements vary depending upon degree and primary instrument/voice.
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Arts in Music with a Concentration in Music Industry
- Bachelor of Music in Composition
- Bachelor of Music in Music Education – Choral
- Bachelor of Music in Music Education – Instrumental
- Bachelor of Music in Performance – Instrumental
- Bachelor of Music in Performance – Keyboard
- Bachelor of Music in Performance – Vocal
- Music Minor
- Music Minor – Applied Music
- Music Minor – Music History and Literature
- Music Minor – Music Technology
Last updated: 4/6/2021