Undergraduate Music Minor Applications
Follow the steps below to complete your application to become an Undergraduate Music Minor.
1) Apply to the University
2) Apply to the Department
- Music Minors in Applied Music (instrumental/vocal) reserve audition slots on the following dates through the online application.
- If you are applying for a Music Minor in Music Technology or a Music Minor in History and Literature, you do not need to audition.
Audition Dates for Fall 2021 Admission:
Voice and Piano: February 6, February 27
Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion, Strings: February 13, February 20, March 6, April 3*
Due March 15 Submit your video audition here
*NOTE: Scholarship decisions are made in late March. April 3 is a non-scholarship audition day.
3) Audition to become a music minor – Applied Music only.
Music Minors in the Applied Area must complete an entrance audition in addition to the standard application process. See the appropriate area below for audition requirements in your specific area.
|Woodwinds||In-Person By Video|
|Brass||In-Person By Video|
|Percussion||In-Person By Video|
|Voice||In-Person By Video|
|Piano / Keyboard||In-Person By Video|
|Strings||In-Person By Video|
The Fred and Dinah Gretsch School of Music has scholarships available for new music majors. Offers are made by the Fred and Dinah Gretsch School of Music Scholarship Committee, based on audition results and academic qualifications. Typically, the Entrance Audition for admission as a music major also serves as the audition for a scholarship. Through a substantial Endowment program, scholarships are available for continuing music majors, based on performance/academic excellence. Carol A. Carter scholarships for new students are renewable for four years.
5) University Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester (priority deadline) February 1
- Fall Semester (final deadline) August 1
- Spring Semester December 1
- Summer Term April 1
Last updated: 2/10/2021