Undergraduate Music Major Application
Follow the steps below to complete your application to become an Undergraduate Music Major.
1) Apply to the university
- Apply to the university through admissions.
2) Apply to the department
- Complete the Undergraduate Music Major Online Application and reserve your audition date.
All students wishing to be considered as potential music majors must complete an entrance audition in addition to the standard application process. The entrance audition will also serve as the Scholarship Audition for qualified students.
3) Audition/Interview to become a music major
Students reserve in-person audition slots through the online application.
- In-person Audition Dates (for Fall 2021): Statesboro: Voice and Piano: February 6, February 27
- Statesboro: Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion, Strings: February 13, February 20, March 6, April 3*
- Armstrong: TBD
- Interview Date for Bachelor of Arts in Music with a Concentration in Music Industry: March 26
- Video Audition Deadline (both campuses): March 15
- Please bring or send in advance a copy of your transcript, your SAT or ACT scores, and at least two letters of recommendation – one of which must be from your private teacher or music director.
- See the appropriate area below for audition requirements in your specific area.
*Scholarship decisions will be made before the April 3 audition date.
|Woodwinds||In-Person By Video|
|Brass||In-Person By Video|
|Percussion||In-Person By Video|
|Voice||In-Person By Video|
|Piano / Keyboard||In-Person By Video|
|Strings||In-Person By Video|
- The Fred and Dinah Gretsch School of Music has scholarships available for new music majors. Offers are made by the Fred and Dinah Gretsch School of Music Scholarship Committee, based on audition results and academic qualifications. Typically, the Entrance Audition for admission as a music major also serves as the audition for a scholarship. Through a substantial Endowment program, scholarships are available for continuing music majors, based on performance/academic excellence. Carol A. Carter scholarships for new students are renewable for four years.
Fall Semester (priority deadline) February 1
5) University Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester (final deadline) August 1
- Spring Semester December 1
- Summer Term April 1
Questions: Contact the Fred and Dinah Gretsch School of Music.
Last updated: 2/19/2021