Undergraduate Music Major Application Information
Follow the steps below to complete your application to become an Undergraduate Music Major.
1) Apply to the university
- Apply to the university through admissions.
2) Apply to the school
- Complete the Undergraduate Music Major Online Application and reserve your audition/interview date.
Students wishing to pursue the Bachelor of Music or the Bachelor of Arts, general track must complete an entrance audition. Students wishing to pursue the Bachelor of Arts in Music with a Concentration in Music Industry must sit for an entrance interview. The entrance audition/interview will also be used to determine scholarships for qualified students.
3) Audition/Interview to become a music major
Students reserve in-person audition slots through the online application.
- In-person Audition Dates (for Fall 2022):
- Statesboro: December 4, February 5, February 21, and March 26.
- Armstrong: December 4, February 21, March 11, April 29
- Interview Date for Bachelor of Arts in Music with a Concentration in Music Industry
- Video Audition Deadline (both campuses): April 30
- Please bring or send in advance a copy of your transcript, your SAT or ACT scores, and at least two letters of recommendation – one of which must be from your private teacher or music director.
- See the appropriate area below for audition requirements in your specific area.
|Woodwinds||In-Person By Video|
|Brass||In-Person By Video|
|Percussion||In-Person By Video|
|Voice||In-Person By Video|
|Piano / Keyboard||In-Person By Video|
|Strings||In-Person By Video|
- The Fred and Dinah Gretsch School of Music has scholarships available for new music majors. Offers are made by the Fred and Dinah Gretsch School of Music Scholarship Committee, based on audition/interview results and academic qualifications. Typically, the Entrance Audition for admission as a music major also serves as the audition for a scholarship. Through a substantial Endowment program, scholarships are available for continuing music majors, based on performance/academic excellence. Carol A. Carter scholarships for new students are renewable for four years.
Fall Semester (priority deadline) February 1
5) University Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester (final deadline) August 1
- Spring Semester December 1
- Summer Term April 1
Questions: Contact the Fred and Dinah Gretsch School of Music.
Last updated: 3/30/2022