Undergraduate Music Major Application
Follow the steps below to complete your application to become an Undergraduate Music Major.
1) Apply to the university
2) Apply to the department
- Complete the Undergraduate Music Major Online Application and reserve your audition date.
- Students reserve audition slots on the following dates through the online application.
- Spring 2020 Audition Dates:
- Statesboro: February 8, February 17, March 14, and April 4
- Armstrong: TBD
All Students wishing to be considered as potential music majors must complete an entrance audition in addition to the standard application process. The entrance audition will also serve as the Scholarship Audition for qualified students.
3) Audition to become a music major
- Please bring or send in advance a copy of your transcript, your SAT or ACT scores, and at least two letters of recommendation – one of which must be from your private teacher or music director.
- See the appropriate area below for audition requirements in your specific area.
- For information about auditioning on the Armstrong campus, visit https://www.armstrong.edu/academic-departments/mme-admission-requirements
|Piano / Keyboard
- The Music Department has scholarships available for new music majors. Offers are made by the Music Department Scholarship Committee, based on audition results and academic qualifications. Typically, the Entrance Audition for admission as a music major also serves as the audition for a scholarship. Through a substantial Endowment program, scholarships are available for continuing music majors, based on performance/academic excellence. Carol A. Carter scholarships for new students are renewable for four years.
5) University Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester (priority deadline) February 1
- Fall Semester (final deadline) August 1
- Spring Semester December 1
- Summer Term April 1
Contact the Department of Music.
Last updated: 10/29/2020