Brannen English Scholars Fund
The George K. Brannen English Scholars Fund was created by George K. Brannen to foster undergraduate and graduate student scholarship, including travel funds for on-site research or conference presentations. The amount of each individual stipend is not fixed, but depends upon the number of applications.
Stipends will be awarded on recommendations of Literature faculty members and shall be approved by the chair of the Department and/or a review committee empowered to grant the stipends.
- Recipients are junior or senior English majors or M.A. students
- Preference is given to students holding a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Preference is given to members of Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society
- The Department Chair will oversee the selection process
- Students not meeting the stated qualifications may receive consideration for support on a case-by-case basis as determined by the chair
- Preference is given to students enrolled in ROTC or who are active-duty military.
Students may apply for a Brannen Scholars Fund stipend at any time during the academic year. Interested students should contact the Department Chair. Stipends are awarded at time of need, depending upon availability of funds.
Last updated: 12/23/2016