Study Abroad in Seville, Spain – Minimester I
The Country: Spain
Spain, a country on Europe’s Iberian Peninsula, includes 17 autonomous regions with diverse geography and cultures. Capital city Madrid is home to the Royal Palace and Prado museum, housing works by European masters. Segovia has a medieval castle (the Alcázar) and an intact Roman aqueduct. Catalonia’s capital, Barcelona, is defined by Antoni Gaudí’s whimsical modernist landmarks like the Sagrada Familia church.
The City: Seville
Seville is the capital of southern Spain’s Andalusia region. It’s famous for flamenco dancing, particularly in its Triana neighborhood. Major landmarks include the ornate Alcázar castle complex, built during the Moorish Almohad dynasty, and the 18th-century Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza bullring. The Gothic Seville Cathedral is the site of Christopher Columbus’s tomb and a minaret turned bell tower, the Giralda.
You will be enrolled in six (6) credit hours of lower or upper division courses and will do a series of assignments, both orally and in writing, for your Georgia Southern professor. Graduate students will earn three (3) credit hours. Additionally, as part of your immersion experience, each morning, Monday-Friday, in small groups, you will spend four hours practicing your language skills with native speakers who are trained in teaching their language to foreigners.
Partner Language School
CLIC (Centro de Lenguas e Intercambio Cultural) is a Spanish language and culture study abroad program located in Seville, Spain. CLIC was founded in 1983 and is dedicated to providing a variety of intensive and flexible programs for those interested in acquiring functional fluency in Spanish while learning about the Spanish culture. To learn more about CLIC and Sevile, open this wonderful photobook.
Cultural Activities and Excursions
- Flamenco/Sevillanas mini-course
- Spanish cooking lessons
- Córdoba (including visit to the Mezquita)
- Other locations
Program Cost and Eligibility
Program Costs: $3,270
- 4 weeks of intensive language training
- Housing with a family
- 2 meals a day, (breakfast and one other meal)
- 3 nights in Madrid, breakfast included
- Transportation between Madrid and Seville
- International health insurance (required by Georgia Southern)
Does Not Include:
- Georgia Southern Tuition and Fees ($1,094.16)
- Air fare (approx. $1,500)
- One meal per day (two meals per day in Madrid) (approx. $300)
- Incidental expenses (public transportation, etc.)
- Application and Deposit: $500 Non-Refundable Fee due by February 15, 2023. (This amount will apply to the Program Costs. If application is accepted, deposit is non-refundable; if application is rejected, deposit will be refunded to student.)
- 1st Installment: $1,385 Due March 1, 2023
- 2nd Installment: $1,346 Due March 15, 2023
- Insurance Payment(Required): $39 Due March 15, 2023
The $500 application fee is non-refundable. 80% of the remaining funds are refundable up to 40 days before the program start date, since program services are contracted in advance and must be paid whether or not the student is able to continue with the program.
- 2.0 Cumulative GPA
- Commitment to speak Spanish during the program
Many forms of financial aid can be applied to the study abroad program costs; please note that the Hope scholarship applies to your Georgia Southern summer tuition, although it cannot be used to pay the program costs themselves. Georgia Southern students who intend to pay all or part of the study abroad program cost with financial aid should meet with their academic and financial aid advisor as soon as possible and should apply for summer financial aid no later than March 1, 2023. Students from other University System of Georgia schools should contact their academic advisor and financial aid office at their home institution for instructions.
All participants need a valid passport to enter Spain. Please secure the passport as soon as possible. Medical and liability documents will be provided by the Study Abroad Office for each participant to complete prior to departure. International health insurance is included in the program fees and is required by Georgia Southern.
Students from other accredited universities are invited to enroll in our Study Abroad programs. In order to receive credit at their home institutions, however, they must enroll as transient students at Georgia Southern for the summer.
Have Any Questions? Please Contact Us!
Last updated: 1/25/2023