The summer 2021 program has been cancelled. Come back soon for 2022 summer information.
Japan is an island nation in the Pacific Ocean with dense cities, imperial palaces, mountainous national parks and thousands of shrines and temples. Shinkansen bullet trains connect the main islands of Kyushu (with Okinawa’s subtropical beaches), Honshu (home to Tokyo and Hiroshima’s atomic-bomb memorial) and Hokkaido (famous for skiing). Tokyo, the capital, is known for skyscrapers, shopping and pop culture.
The City: KYOTO
With a population of nearly 1.5 million, Kyoto is the former capital of Japan. Along with many famous shrines, temples, and traditional wooden houses, Kyoto offers a wealth of recreational activities and a wide range of cultural attractions. Natives of the city take pride in their customs and traditions, which come alive especially on their many holidays and festivals.
Partner Language School
Excursions and Cultural Activities
Program Costs: $3,550
- 4 weeks of intensive language training
- Housing with families
- Two meals a day (on weekdays)
- Excursion to Hiroshima
- Transportation to and from the airport
- International health insurance (required by Georgia Southern)
Does Not Include:
- Georgia Southern Tuition and Fees ($1,456.02)
- Air fare (approx. $2,500)
- Weekday lunches (approx. $400)
- Meals on weekends and holiday (approx. $540)
- Incidental expenses (public transportation, etc.)
- Application and Deposit: $500 Non-Refundable Fee due by February 15, 2021. (This amount will apply to the Program Costs. If application is accepted, deposit is non-refundable; if application is rejected, deposit will be refunded to student.)
- 1st Installment: $1,425 Due March 15, 2021
- 2nd Installment: $1,425 Due April 15, 2021
- Insurance Payment (Required): $40.30 included in the second installment.
Click here to make your payment.
- 2.0 Cumulative GPA
- Commitment to speak Japanese during the program
For more information contact:
Dr. Noriko Mori-Kolbe
Interdisciplinary Academic Building 2061
Last updated: 2/15/2021