The summer 2021 program has been cancelled. Come back soon for 2022 summer information.
Germany is a Western European country with a landscape of forests, rivers, mountain ranges and North Sea beaches. It has over 2 millennia of history. Berlin, its capital, is home to art and nightlife scenes, the Brandenburg Gate and many sites relating to WWII. Munich is known for its Oktoberfest and beer halls, including the 16th-century Hofbräuhaus. Frankfurt, with its skyscrapers, houses the European Central Bank.
The City: BAMBERG
Bamberg is located in northern Bavaria, Germany, where the Regnitz and Main rivers meet. Its old town preserves structures from the 11th to 19th centuries including the muraled Altes Rathaus (town hall). The Romanesque Bamberg Cathedral, begun in the 11th century, features 4 towers and numerous stone carvings.
Partner Language School
- Guided tours of Bamberg
- Showings of recent German films
- Lectures on political, historic and cultural affairs
- Meetings in pubs
- Visits to museums and companies
- Outdoor activities
Program Costs: $2,686.40
Paid directly to the language institute in Germany. Includes:
- 4 weeks of intensive language training
- Lodging in Bamberg
- 2 meals a day (breakfast, dinner)
- International health insurance (required by Georgia Southern)
Does not include:
- Georgia Southern Tuition and Fees ($1456.02)
- Round trip airfare (approx. $1500)
- Transportation to and from airport (approx. $100)
- Lunches (approx. $300)
- 8 Dinners (approx. $120)
- Incidental expenses (public transportation, etc.)
- Souvenirs and personal spending money
- Application and Deposit: $500 Non-Refundable Fee February 15, 2021. (This amount will apply to the Program Costs. If application is accepted, deposit is non-refundable; if application is rejected, deposit will be refunded to student.)
- 1st Installment: $1075 Due March 15, 2021.
- 2nd Installment: $1075 Due April 15, 2021.
- Insurance Payment (Required): $36.40 Due April 15, 2021.
- 2.0 Cumulative GPA
- Commitment to speak German during the program
All deposits and program payments should be made here.
For more information contact:
Dr. Andrea Eder
Interdisciplinary Academic Building 2059
Last updated: 2/15/2021