Skip to main content

Minor in Japanese

Japanese Links


  • JAPN 1001* and JAPN 1002*
  • JAPN 2001* and JAPN 2002*

Minor Requirements:

  • 15 hours of upper-division Japanese courses

Students must earn a minimum of “C” in each Japanese course

Note: You may place out of 1001, 1002, 1060, 2001, 2002, and/or 2060 courses and still get credit for them. If you have taken an offered language previously, you should attempt to take the course that best fits your current abilities—you do not need to and should not start in 1001, if you don’t need to. If you take a higher course and receive a C or better (must be a Georgia Southern course; cannot be an eCore or transfer course from another institution or AP/IB/CLEP credit), you may petition to get credit for the lower course(s) through Credit by Proficiency. For more information about the process click here and/or talk to Department of World Languages and Cultures staff for more information.


Last updated: 3/30/2022