Spring 2022 Awards
- Dr. Corinna Zeltsman’s book, Ink under the Fingernails: Printing Politics in Nineteenth-Century Mexico (University of California Press, 2021), received the the Howard F Cline Book Prize in Mexican History from the Latin American Studies Association.
- Kurt Knoerl was awarded an Americana Corner research grant of $2,500. for mapping equipment to support field research in maritime history.
Fall 2021 Awards
- Julie de Chantal and Kurt Knoerl were awarded a Georgia Sea Grant’s Artists, Writers, and Scholars (AWS) grant of $5000 for their joint project: The African American Maritime Landscape of Coastal Georgia.
Fall 2020 Awards
- Michael Hall won the Association of the Global South Studies Presidential Award at the group’s annual conference in December.
- Corinna Zeltsman, CLEC grant of $3000 to bring a speaker on the History of Latino/as in the US South to campus this spring
- Alena Pirok, Georgia Humanities Grant of $1350 for her graduate class on Urban Public History in the spring semester
- Michael van Wagenen, as part of a collaborative campus and community effort for the Ogeechee International History Film Festival, a Georgia Humanities Grant of $2000
Spring 2020 Awards
- Jeffrey Burson Received the University Research Award for Discovery and Innovation
Last updated: 3/30/2022