Dr. Brent W. Tharp
Professor of History (2000).
B.A. Indiana University (1984), M.A., College of William and Mary (1986); Ph.D., College of William and Mary (1996).
Director, Georgia Southern University Museum
Teaching and Research Interests: Public History / Museum Studies
Upper Division Courses:
- HIST 7661 – Museum Studies
Georgia Southern University Museum
P. O. Box 8061
Statesboro, GA 30460-8054
Office:  Rosenwald Building
Tel.: (912) 478-5444
Fax: (912) 478-0377
- Tharp, Brent W. “‘Preserving Their Form and Features’: The Commodification of Coffins in the American Understanding of Death” In Commodifying Everything: Relationships of the Market, edited by Susan Strasser. New York: Routledge Press, 2003.
Professional Activities, Awards, and Honors:
- President, Georgia Association of Museums and Galleries, 2008-2011
- Board Member and Vice President, Association of Academic Museums and Galleries, 2002-2017
- Vice President and President, Bulloch County Historical Society, 2004-Present
- American Alliance of Museums Accreditation and Assessment Reviewer, 2000-Present
- President, Statesboro Convention and Visitors Bureau, 2018-Present
- Bulloch County and Coastal Plain Georgia natural and cultural history.
Last updated: 8/31/2018