Senior Lecturer (2010).
B.A. , M.A. , University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2000, 2003; A.B.D., Emory University.
Teaching and Research Interests: Russia and the former Soviet Union, the Caucasus; nationalism and identity, 20th century world history, Islam in world history.
- HIST 3030 War & Technology in the 20th Century
- HIST 3030 History of Modern Eastern Europe
Website: Curriculum Vitae
Department of History
Georgia Southern University
P. O. Box 8054
Statesboro, GA 30460-8054
Office: #2090, Interdisciplinary Academic Building
- American Research Institute of the South Caucasus (Tbilisi, Georgia) 2011
- Russian and Eastern European Studies Travel Grant (Emory University) 2011
- Technology, Curriculum, and Pedagogy Fellow (Emory University) 2008
- American Councils Fellow (Tbilisi, Georgia) 2008
- “Gorbachev’s Reforms and the Beginning of a New History in the Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic.” Ab Imperio (April 2004), 419-32.
- Dissertation: The Forgotten Revolt: The 1956 Pro-Stalinist Protests in Soviet Georgia and Its Cold War Implications”
Last updated: 11/12/2020