Dr. Allison Scardino Belzer
Associate Professor of History & Coordinator of Undergraduate Research, CoAH (2003)
B. A. in History & Italian, Vassar College (1993), M.A. & Ph.D. in History, Emory University (2002).
Teaching and Research Interests: European History, War and Society, Biography.
Upper Division Courses:
- HIST 3050 Ethics and Values in Total War
- HIST 4230 Renaissance
- Hist 4335 Women & Gender in Europe
- HIST 4635 Senior Seminar: WWI
- HIST 5427 European Intellectual and Cultural History
- HIST 5259 Topics in British History
- HIST 5335 World War II
- HONS 2100 Reacting to the Past
Department of History
Georgia Southern University, Armstrong
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419-1997
Office: Hawes 103B
Fax: (912) 478-0377
- “Women’s Experiences with War.” In Italy in the Era of the Great War. Edited by Vanda Wilcox. Netherlands: Brill, 2018, pp. 253-271.
- “Nurses, Spies, and Sacrifice: Female Citizenship and Patriotism in Italy.” In Italy and the Cultural Politics of World War I. Edited by Graziella Parati. Madison: Farleigh Dickinson University Press, 2016, pp. 55-68.
- “Three Generations of Unconventional Family Values: A Case Study of the Ashursts,” Journal of Victorian Culture 20.1 (2015), pp. 1-19.
- Stearns, Peter, Stephen S. Gosch, Erwin P. Grieshaber, and Allison Scardino Belzer, eds. Documents in World History, Volumes 1 and 2, Sixth Edition. New York: Pearson, 2012.
- Women and the Great War: Femininity under Fire in Italy. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
Professional Activities, Awards, and Honors:
- Modern Britain & Modern Italy
- Family Identity
- Cultural History of the Two World Wars
Last updated: 8/31/2018