Dr. Bill Allison
Professor of History (2008).
B.A., M.A., East Texas State University, 1989, 1991; Ph.D., Bowling Green, 1995.
Teaching and Research Interests: American Military, National Security Strategy, Vietnam War
Upper Division Courses:
- American Military History
- The American War in Vietnam
- War & Society in World History
- World War II
Department of History
Georgia Southern University
P. O. Box 8054
Statesboro, GA 30460-8054
Office: #3006, Interdisciplinary Academic Building
Website: click HERE for Dr. Allison’s Website
- My Lai: An American Atrocity in the Vietnam War. (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2012).
- The Gulf War, 1990-1991. (New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2012).
- The Tet Offensive: A Brief History with Documents. (New York: Routledge, 2008).
- Military Justice in Vietnam: The Rule of Law in an American War. (Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2007).
- American Military History: A Survey from Colonial Times to the Present. Co-author with Jeffrey Grey and Janet Valentine (Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 2007; Second Edition 2013).
Professional Activities, Honors, and Awards:
- US Army Outstanding Civilian Service Medal (2014)
- Vice President, Society for Military History (2014-2015)
- General Harold K. Johnson Chair in Military History, US Army War College (2012-2014)
- Editorial Advisory Board, The Journal of Military History (2009-2011)
- Department of the Army Historical Advisory Committee (2007-2011)
- America in 1968, for University Press of Kansas.
- Tet Offensive, for Oxford University Press.
Last updated: 10/21/2020