The summer 2021 program has been cancelled. Come back soon for 2022 summer information.
Service Learning Component
The Country: Morocco
One of the most culturally diverse countries, location of great historical importance, and the home of the famous movie “Casablanca”, Morocco is an increasingly popular destination in North Africa. Its cultural diversity is rival to any other location in the area; its lands were roamed and occupied by Romans, Phoenicians, Carthaginians and many others. It was exposed to many religions. Morocco’s incredible diversity extends to its unique geography as well. From the majestic mountains of the Atlas and Rif ranges, to the sun-drenched sands of the Sahara, Atlantic, and Mediterranean, Morocco’s natural beauty and cultural richness makes it the ideal location to study abroad.
The City: Rabat
Rabat, Morocco’s capital, offers a combination of modern and traditional, and provides a wide range of opportunities for students to experience its culture through art exhibits, music, and theater. Throughout the city, you will come across architectural marvels centuries old. You may explore marketplaces established in medieval times and visit Museums, Palaces and Mosques. Rabat is an ideal place to learn about the languages, cultures, and religions of North Africa and the Arab world. From its towering city walls to its breathtaking Atlantic coastline, the Moroccan capital of Rabat will enchant and inspire you.
Partner Language School
- In-town cultural immersion activities
- Social services
- Site visits
- Sahara Desert
- Imperial cities (Fez, Meknes, and Volubillis)
- Northern cities (Tangier and Chefchaouen)
- Cultural immersion activities
Program Costs $2,566.40
- 4 weeks of Arabic classes
- Housing in a student residence (includes breakfast, Wi-Fi, cleaning twice per week)
- Student phone w/ unlimited intra-calls
- Lunch (Monday-Friday)
- 3 weekend excursions to Sahara Desert, Imperial cities, and Northern cities (All inclusive)
- In-town cultural immersion activities, social services & site visits
- Airport pick up & drop off
- International health insurance (required by Georgia Southern)
Does Not Include:
- Georgia Southern Tuition and fees ($1456.02)
- Air fare (approx. $1400)
- Dinners (approx. $200)
- Laundry (approx. $50)
- Incidental expenses (public transportation, etc.)
- Application and Deposit: $500 Non-Refundable Fee due by February 15, 2021.(This amount will apply to the Program Costs. If application is accepted, deposit is non-refundable; if application is rejected, deposit will be refunded to student.)
- 1st Installment: $1015 Due March 15, 2021.
- 2nd Installment: $1015 Due April 15, 2021.
- Insurance Payment (Required): $36.40 Due April 15, 2021.
Click here to make your payment.
- 2.0 Cumulative GPA
- Commitment to speak Arabic during the program
All deposits and program payments should be made here.
For more information contact:
Interdisciplinary Academic Building 2071
Last updated: 2/15/2021