The summer 2021 program has been cancelled. Come back soon for 2022 summer information.
France, in Western Europe, encompasses medieval cities, alpine villages and Mediterranean beaches. Paris, its capital, is famed for fashion houses; classical art museums, like the Louvre; and iconic monuments, including the Eiffel Tower. The country is also renowned for its wines and sophisticated cuisine. Lascaux’s ancient cave drawings, the medieval abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel, and the vast Palace of Versailles attest to its rich history.
The City: ROUEN
Rouen, the capital of the province of Normandy, is a port city of approximately 100,000 people on the River Seine, just north of Paris. One of the most prosperous cities of medieval Europe, Rouen still boasts a cobblestoned pedestrian center with half-timbered houses from the Middle Ages. Its rich history also includes the soaring spires of the Cathédrale-Notre-Dame, much painted by Impressionist artist Claude Monet, and the beaches of Normandy just north of Rouen, site of the heroic D-Day invasion by the Allied forces in 1944.
Partner Language School
Excursions and Cultural Activities
- Day-long excursions to:
- the D-Day beaches of Normandy
- Cultural activities in Rouen
Program Costs: $3,300
- 4 weeks of intensive language learning
- Homestays with carefully selected families in Rouen
- Breakfast daily
- Cultural activities in Rouen sponsored by the Alliance Française
- International health insurance (required by Georgia Southern)
Does Not Include:
- Georgia Southern Tuition & Fees ($1456.02)
- Airfare to Paris (approx. $1500)
- Lunches and dinners daily (approx. $450)
- Train from Paris to Rouen (approx. $120)
- Incidental expenses (public transportation, etc.)
- Application and Deposit: $500 Non-Refundable Fee due by February 15, 2021. (This amount will apply to the Program Costs. If application is accepted, deposit is non-refundable; if application is rejected, deposit will be refunded to student.)
- 1st Installment: $1400 Due March 1, 2021.
- 2nd Installment: $1400 Due March 15, 2021.
- Insurance Payment (Required): $37.70 included in the second installment.
Click here to make your payment.
- 2.0 Cumulative GPA
- Commitment to speak French during the program
All deposits and program payments should be made online here.
For more information contact:
Dr. Olga Amarie
Interdisciplinary Academic Building 2073
Last updated: 2/15/2021