Did you know that French is the second most frequently taught language in the WORLD after English? Why? French is the only other language other than English spoken on five continents, French and English are the only GLOBAL languages. Perhaps you should join one of the many who have decided to study French. Browse our page to learn more!
Why study French?
- French is spoken on five continents and by more than 200 million people in 43 countries.
- French is both a working language and one of the two official languages of the United Nations, UNESCO, NATO, the European Union, the International Olympic Committee, and the International Red Cross.
- French is the world language of cuisine, fashion, personal care products, architecture, theatre, arts and dance.
- Fifty percent of current English vocabulary is derived from French.
- An understanding of the French language is a stepping-stone to communication in other Romance languages.
For information on foreign-language careers click here.
Last updated: 5/15/2019