|What used to be the “Exit Exam” page is now below in “Undergraduate”.|
The following are the department’s assessment activities. They are based on mandates by various offices (the University System of Georgia, the University, or the College). Assessments help those offices, us, as well as you how, if, and to what extent course and program objectives and Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) have been achieved. Read the information that applies to your course(s) or program carefully. The department sincerely appreciates your conscientious participation.
FL 2001, 2002 – Core Area B Exam
- The format is the same for all courses, however, the content is language specific. Your instructor may give you credit for participation.
- Results will be reported in aggregate, numbers only; no personally identifiable information will be included. (However, if you wish to know your individual result, see your instructor.)
FL 2002 – Progress Assessment
- Students will take the FL 2002 PA in Folio during the last week of the semester. All FL 2002 students will be enrolled in their corresponding course (there will be one course for French, German, and Spanish and another for Arabic, Chinese, and Japanese [the difference is solely due to the writing systems used]). They will receive an email invitation to participate.
- All students in all languages take the same exam (format, questions). The FL 2002 PA consists of two questions for SLO 1 (Speaking) and one essay topic for SLO 2 (Writing). These attempt to elicit what most students in any language should be able to address in FL 2002. All exam prompts for both SLOs will be in writing and in English (however, students will record their answers to the speaking prompts in the target language). Here are the corresponding Ratings Rubrics used for evaluation.
- Results will be reported in aggregate, numbers only; no personally identifiable information will be included. (However, if you wish to know your individual result, see the PA coordinator.)
Undergraduate, B.A. MDLG (Major) – Exit Exam
- Time and place are: Spring 2021: February 26, 2:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Armstrong Campus: Language Resource Center
- Statesboro Campus: TBA
- Your advisor will enroll you in the 0-credit-hour course “Foreign Language Exit Exam” FORL 5500 (B.A. MDLG undergraduate majors). The exam components will be administered in this course through Folio on the day of the exam. The purpose of this Folio course is simply to register, and to administer the exam; consider this page its syllabus and schedule. You will receive a score for the exam and a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory course grade that will show on your transcript, but it will not count for or against your hours, or your GPA. A passing result is not required for graduation. If you complete the exam successfully, you will receive a certificate. (Here is how the result is determined for the B.A.).
- Follow the links to read about each component and what to expect, and to know how to prepare. Links are to DOCs or PDFs (and open in new windows/tabs). The B.A. MDLG Exit Exam features two components (measures): a Speaking Proficiency Assessment (SPA) for SLO 1 Speaking and a Writing Proficiency Assessment (WPA) for SLO 2 Writing. Here are the corresponding Ratings Rubrics used for evaluation.
- If you have questions, contact Ms. Helena Hernández, the Exit Exam Coordinator.
Graduate, M.A. (M.A.T.) – Comprehensive Exam
Last updated: 1/11/2021