Courses at ELP are structured to support the idea that involving our students in natural, meaningful conversation is essential for expanding their active knowledge base. Every course level also provides students the ability to engage in interactive dialogue to increase accuracy and fluency through continuous use of the English language.
At the ELP we offer 3 different levels:
- High – Beginning (90)
- Low – Intermediate (91)
- High – Intermediate (92)
Each level has 3 core courses with an enrichment course:
- Reading and Writing
- In the Reading and Writing classes, students learn vocabulary, practice reading comprehension and improve their writing skills.
- Listening and Speaking
- In the Listening and Speaking classes, students practice their oral skills by talking to classmates, giving presentations and doing listening exercises.
- In the Grammar classes students learn English grammar by reviewing rules and doing many real-life activities.
We also have a number of enrichment courses which students can choose from. These enrichment courses change every semester, so students who continue in the program have the opportunity to attend different classes each term.
Some enrichment courses we offer include:
- American Culture
- English through Movies
- Standardized Testing (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Current Events and Vocabulary Building
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
Last updated: 7/26/2019