The English Language Program at Georgia Southern University offers an active, student-centered approach to learning. Our academically intensive program supports the idea that whole language practice in all four skill areas—reading, writing, listening, and speaking—should be active rather than passive.
Students of the ELP at Georgia Southern will experience life as a traditional student through engaging academic curriculum and activities. All instructors use the latest technologies in their classrooms for innovative learning experiences.
Mission: To enrich the lives of English learners through a professionally-supported English language program, assisting them in achieving their goals as they become confident, competent, and successful in becoming fluent speakers of the English language.
Vision: To continue to educate and provide services for a diverse population: racially, culturally, ethnically, and academically, within an expanding university setting.
What We Offer
- An interactive and engaging curriculum that help expand your knowledge of the English language
- Expertly-trained, caring and motivated faculty and staff to provide you with valued experiences
- Low student-teacher ratio
- Affordable tuition and living costs
- A large-scale, small feel university community with internationally recognized resources
- Celebrate international cultures through various campus events, groups, and organizations
- Program location within the small, safe city of Statesboro, GA
- Historic and popular destinations nearby:
- Savannah, GA – 1 hour away
- Hilton Head Island, SC – 2 hours away
- Atlanta, GA – 3 hours away
- Jacksonville, FL – 3 hours away
- Orlando, FL (Disney World) – 6 hours away
- An award-winning university to continue your undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Opportunities for English proficiency for business and career development