- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a minimum GPA of 2.75 (major area GPA considered if overall is at least 2.5)
- Official transcripts from ALL previous academic institutions, delivered as sealed/unopened physical copies or electronically transmitted directly from those institutions to Georgia Southern’s admissions office.
- A resume or vita
- A Letter of Intent. A writing sample of 200-500 words that describes how a Master’s Degree in Professional Communication and Leadership would help you meet your personal and professional goals. This essay may include a discussion of any weaknesses in your academic record.
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Provisional Admission Requirements – Non-traditional students and applicants not meeting the above requirements may be considered for Provisional (Probationary) admission as determined on a case-by-case basis.
The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is not a requirement.
For more information on the application process, visit the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Applications must be submitted online by the following deadlines:
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: November 15
- Summer: April 1 (Please note: The Statesboro campus does not offer summer admissions)
A limited number of courses are offered on the Savannah campus during the summer. Summer admission does not guarantee open seats in these courses.
Last updated: 6/30/2021