Visiting Assistant Professor of Theatre – Search #12030
The Department of Communication Arts at Georgia Southern University seeks a visiting assistant professor of theatre for the upcoming academic year (August 2020 through May 2021). Although the position is located primarily on the Armstrong campus, the successful candidate will also teach on one of the other two campuses.
At Georgia Southern, visiting assistant professors normally teach fifteen credit hours per semester and hold regular office hours. All visiting positions are non-tenure track. The appointment is for Fall 2020 –
Spring 2021 with the possibility of a one-year extension pending funding and satisfactory performance. The extension year would be a terminal year, without exceptions.
- Earned terminal degree required, M.F.A. or Ph.D. in theatre, or closely related discipline by August 1, 2020
- Ability to teach Theatre Appreciation and Acting
- Demonstrated experience in Directing
- Minimum 1-year teaching experience
- Commitment to engaging best practice initiatives in instruction, pedagogy, and mentoring
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution
- Ability to teach African American Theatre and/or Theatre History
- Experience directing musical theatre and/or costuming
- Experience teaching online
Screening of applications will begin as they are received and continue until the position is filled. The position starting date is August 1, 2020. Interested candidates should send a complete application consisting of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above, including a verifiable statement regarding authorization to work unassisted in the US; a curriculum vitae; a sample theatre course syllabus; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Other documentation may be requested.
Pamela Z. Sears, Search Chair, Search #12030
Georgia Southern University
Electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgia is an open records state. Georgia Southern University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity institution. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA to participate in the search process should contact the Vice Provost.
Last updated: 2/18/2020