Gallery & Theatre Behavior
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Black Box Theatre or any of galleries. Food and drink are permitted in the Center for Art & Theatre’s atrium and sculpture garden.
- Refrain from talking on your cell phone while in the galleries and during performances.
Black Box Theatre
- Photography and video are not permitted during performances in the Black Box Theatre.
- All cell phones must be silenced and patrons should refrain from texting.
- If arriving late, guests should find a seat in the balcony that is accessible on the upper level.
- No talking.
- Do not touch any of the artwork in the galleries. Many are very fragile, and even the stroke of a gentle finger can leave a residue of damaging oil on a painting or sculpture.
- Still photography is permitted for private, non-commercial use, in the general atrium and only in galleries that are devoted to the Center for Art & Theatre’s permanent collections and student exhibitions. Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or used commercially in any manner. Visitors must obtain a photography permit in order to use a camera in the galleries from the Gallery Director.
- Still photography of works of art in special exhibitions or on special loan to the museum is prohibited at all times unless otherwise noted in the galleries.
- Leave backpacks and other large items at the door.
- Keep children supervised, please no running, jumping, dancing or twirling.
- For your protection and safety, no climbing is allowed on outdoor sculptures.
- Out of respect of other patrons and events, please keep voices to a whisper.
Last updated: 7/9/2019