Department of Writing & Linguistics invites campus to write its community
The Department of Writing and Linguistics presents Georgia Southern University’s celebration of the sixth annual National Day on Writing, Monday, October 20. The entire campus is invited to celebrate writing in all its forms.
The National Day on Writing is intended to mark the importance of writing to national life. People of all ages and in every walk of life are writing more than ever for personal, professional, and civic purposes.
How can you participate?
- Take a moment to think about what writing has made possible in the communities you’re a part of and consider what writing can do for you.
- If you teach, take a moment in class to pose the question “what can writing do for you?” to your students as a short writing or discussion prompt.
- Share your stories of ways writing has made a difference in your life and your community by doing any of the following:
- Visit the National Day on Writing Table at the Fielding S. Russell Union Rotunda between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on October 20.
- Participate in the National Day on Writing Tweet-up on October 20 with the hashtags #WriteMyCommunity and #GSUNDW
- Use your writing skills to create an entry for the Department of Writing and Linguistics’ slogan contest. The winner will receive a $50 gift card to the University Bookstore. Entry forms will be available at the National Day on Writing table at the rotunda or in the Department of Writing and Linguistics’ office in the Newton Building. The Contest ends November 3.