See for yourself how you can be successful with a creative degree from Georgia Southern.
Successful art and design students require adequate space to explore, professional equipment to use when completing assignments, and state-of-the-art technology to ensure they are at the forefront of the art and design fields at all times. Providing students with the tools they need for success in their degree programs, the Betty Foy Sanders Department of Art has outstanding facilities filled with professional equipment and current technology in Statesboro and Savannah, Georgia.
Prospective students and their guests are invited to take a closer look by scheduling a Facilities Tour. We encourage our guests to make the most of their time on campus, therefore, the BFSDoArt schedules tours around the Office of Admissions Campus Tours and the Department of Housing’s Residence Hall Tours.
BFSDoArt Facility Tours are available Monday – Friday by appointment only.
Art Visit Days
The BFSDoArt partners with the Office of Admissions to offer Department of Art Visit Days each academic year.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the degree programs covering types of materials used, course offerings and career opportunities.
- Tour studio and lab facilities.
- Have your work reviewed by department faculty! While we don’t require a portfolio for admittance, we do offer portfolio critiques for those interested.
- Learn about scholarships and other opportunities within the University. For example, the BFSDoArt alone offers $20,000 in student scholarships!
- Get all of your questions answered with a Q&A session with the Office of Admissions and the Betty Foy Sanders Department of Art.
November 1, 2019
November 8, 2019
(TIP: Maximize your visit by also attending Eagle Preview.)
The Georgia Southern University Betty Foy Sanders Department of Art has Galleries in Statesboro and Savannah.
The Center for Art & Theatre is home to four galleries. The Betty Foy Sanders Georgia Artists Gallery and the Smith Callaway Banks Georgia Folk Art Gallery show two of the Department’s permanent collections. Student, alumni, visiting artist, and faculty exhibitions are shown in the University and Contemporary Galleries.
Center for Art & Theatre
233 Pittman Drive |Statesboro, Georgia 30460
Gallery Director: Jason Hoelscher
The Fine Arts Gallery is located in Fine Arts Hall on the Armstrong Campus in Savannah. The gallery has about 10 exhibitions per academic year, including faculty and student shows, three annual open exhibition times and the annual Georgia U.S. 1st Congressional District Juried High School Exhibition.
Fine Arts Gallery | Fine Arts Hall
11935 Abercorn Street | Savannah, Georgia 31419
Gallery Director: Raymond Gaddy
Last updated: 7/21/2022