BFSDoArt celebrates scholarship and award recipients
Statesboro, Ga.—Donors, faculty, staff, students and friends of the Betty Foy Sanders Department of Art (BFSDoArt) gathered Friday, March 30, to honor the Statesboro Campus undergraduate and graduate scholarship and award recipients for the 2018-19 academic year. During a ceremony at the Georgia Southern University Center for Art & Theatre in Statesboro, these students were recognized for their outstanding achievements, hard work and dedication.
The students will have the opportunity to share their work in the department’s annual Ovation exhibition in the fall.
BFSDoArt Scholarship and Award recipients for the 2018-2019 academic year are:
- Alexia Langmann, Betty Foy Sanders Incoming Freshman Scholarship
- AnnaBrooke Greene, Betty Foy Sanders Scholarship (First Place)
- Megan Tanner, Betty Foy Sanders Scholarship (Second Place)
- Allison Exley, Betty Foy Sanders Scholarship (Third Place)
- Tanner Maxey, Rosalind D. Ragans Art Scholarship
- Elaine Ball, Robert J. Focht Memorial Drawing Award
- Rachel Brown, Peter Smith Memorial Graphic Design Award
- Emily Coats, Jeff Nichols Art History Award
- Marian Trainor, Jane Pleak Scholarship
- Allison Exley, Pat Walker Scholarship in Painting
- Tameka Phillips, Carolyn Joyner Memorial Scholarship
- Nicole Bocasso, Roxie Remley Scholarship
- Charlynne Crutcher and Krisann Wellington, Betty Foy Sanders Travel Awards
BFSDoArt Scholarships and Awards are made possible by our generous donors. To learn more about how you can support Art at Georgia Southern, please visit the University Advancement website for a complete list of giving opportunities.
Georgia Southern University, a public Carnegie Doctoral/Research institution founded in 1906, offers 142 degree programs serving more than 27,000 students through nine colleges on three campuses in Savannah, Statesboro, Hinesville and online instruction. A leader in higher education in southeast Georgia, the University provides a diverse student population with expert faculty, world-class scholarship and hands-on learning opportunities. Georgia Southern creates lifelong learners who serve as responsible scholars, leaders and stewards in their communities. Visit GeorgiaSouthern.edu.