Alumni Spotlight: Whitney Reddish
- First & Last Name: Whitney Reddish
- Degree: BFA-3D
- Graduation Year: 2014
- Personal Website: whitneyreddish.com
- Where are you currently working? I am currently self-employed and doing commissioned work. Since graduating from Revere Academy in December, I have been on the hunt for an apprenticeship in the Atlanta area.
- What types of jobs & where have you worked in the past? In order to gain experience on the sales/business side of things, I worked at Nordstrom in Phipps Plaza on the Jewelry and Watches sales floor. It was a great opportunity for me to meet
designers and their reps and learn more about what it’s like for them to sell their jewelry in a large retail store.
- What is your favorite type of work? I like being able to tell when a piece is handmade. There is nothing more appealing to me than someone telling a material such as metal what to do; not with a machine but with his or her own hands.
- Where &/or how are you inspired? I look for inspiration everywhere I go. I find a lot of my inspiration in other people. Actions and reactions. I also look for new textures; thinking of how I may replicate them in metal.
- Most memorable moment/experience with the BFSDoArt? My most memorable experience with BFSDoArt was my BFA Exhibition. I grew a lot in that semester before my show and I am most thankful for that time my Professors and peers.
- If there was one thing you wish you knew before you graduated, what would it be? It’s not going to be easy but it’s going to be worth it.
- Where would you like to see yourself, career-wise, in 10 years? Ten years from now, I see myself as a successful, independent Jewelry Artist & married to my BFSDoArt sweetheart.
- Involvement with any professional organizations. Society of North American Goldsmiths (SNAG); American Craft Council (ACC)